Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sackers is committed to providing a working environment which values equality, diversity and inclusion. We select and promote candidates on the basis of merit regardless of gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origins, race, religion or belief. We seek to create an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and the talents and contributions of all are valued. This not only enables people to achieve their full potential but also helps us provide the best service to our diverse client base.
- We have a good balance of men and women at Sackers with people from different age groups, religions, national or racial origins, sexual orientation and backgrounds.
- There is an emphasis on allowing staff to have a good work life balance.
- The firm has a number of family friendly policies in place. These include some enhancements to maternity and paternity leave/pay provisions, salary sacrifice arrangements for child care vouchers, flexible working arrangements, business coaching for fee earners returning from maternity leave, children’s parties at Christmas or summer.
- We allow staff to work flexible hours to enable them to observe different faiths.
- We have a good track record in making adjustments for people with disabilities/medical conditions.
- We support a range of CSR activities including participation in the Tower Hamlets Head to Head Interview Programme which enables members of the firm to engage with students from disadvantaged backgrounds and help them with their careers.
- We have a friendly and open collegiate culture. People at all levels of the firm are approachable. People are respectful towards colleagues and we put considerable effort into ensuring that the working environment is pleasant for all members of the firm.
We have an equality, diversity and inclusion plan that sets out the specific targets and objectives ongoing in this area.
Back to the top