Sackers has a distinctive culture. In part this is because we are a specialist law firm – all of our lawyers are pension lawyers and everything we do is geared towards ensuring we give top quality legal advice on pensions issues to our clients. However, the culture is also formed by the individuals who make up the firm. People at all levels of the business are down to earth, approachable and reasonable. There is a respect for the individual and an acknowledgement that individual differences can provide a more rounded service to our diverse range of clients.
- We have a culture of excellence. Because pensions is all that we do, it is important that we do it extremely well. We cannot rely on other practice areas to feed us work or clients. We stand or fall on our own ability to generate work and do a good job for our clients.
- It is important that we provide commercial and pragmatic solutions for our clients. As a specialist firm we often get involved with issues that are at the cutting edge of pensions law and this requires our lawyers to be able to think matters through from first principles and to have the courage to suggest new approaches.
- There is a real attention given to client care. Pensions issues play out over a long period and many of our clients have been with us for a long time. We like to think of ourselves as trusted business advisers, not simply lawyers. At Sackers you will be encouraged to get involved with client care and BD initiatives from an early stage.
- We have a low attrition rate – we want to recruit people who are interested in a long term career with us. We take care in our recruitment process to select people whom we think will do well at Sackers.
- Team working is important. Most of our work is done in teams. Those teams are flexible and you will work with a wide range of colleagues and clients when you work at Sackers. It is therefore important that we employ people who are happy to “muck in” and get the job done. People share information and bounce ideas off colleagues. This is how we ensure that we provide the best job that we can for our clients.
- Sackers is a sociable firm. We are a City law firm and you will be required to work hard. However, we think it is important to provide a pleasant working environment so that you can enjoy what you do and also social events that help you get to know your colleagues and enjoy some down time.
Back to the top