With the Olympics drawing ever closer, the clock is also ticking towards the start of automatic enrolment. So while potential members of Team GB are in the final stages of limbering up for London, we will consider what steps employers (and trustees) will need to take to ensure that they are also in shape for 2012.Using case studies and drawing from our experience, this session will consider the following key issues:
We will be joined by John Watson, until recently the head of pensions at Northern Rock and the architect of their auto-enrolment plan. John is a consultant for Sackers Support Services Ltd – Sackers' project management and scheme secretarial arm – and will discuss some of the practical challenges that schemes and employers will need to get to grips with when rolling out their auto-enrolment implementation project.
- a recap of what the legal duties relating to auto-enrolment are, and when they first apply;
- who is a worker and how this affects the employer's obligations;
- what pension vehicles an employer can use to fulfill its duties;
- how auto-enrolment interrelates with other employee benefits and what benefits an employer might need to adapt; and
- implementing auto-enrolment - tips from a pensions manger.
At this session you will have the opportunity to discuss your views with our presenters and, just as importantly, to share your experiences with others. We look forward to seeing you here.
If you would like to attend this seminar, please click here