Pensions A-Z is a collection of insights to help you further increase your awareness of pensions law.
Search the Pensions A-Z by selecting the first letter of your topic:
Under the Pensions Act 2004, no consultation is required where:
- the active and prospective members of the scheme to whom the “listed change” (for further details see, Listed changes: Occupational Pension Schemes) relates were notified of the proposal before 6 April 2006;
- as a result of the consultation on a proposal for cessation of employer contributions there is a further proposal to reduce employer contributions;
- (occupational pension schemes) as a result of a consultation to prevent future accrual there is a further proposal to reduce the future accrual rate;
- changes are made for the purpose of complying with a statutory provision or a determination of the Pensions Regulator;
- a change has no lasting effect on a person's rights to be admitted to a scheme or on the benefits that may be provided under it; and
- a change is covered by the provisions of section 67 Pension Act 1995.