Our Dispute Resolution Team is ranked top tier by both Chambers UK and the Legal 500, with Chambers UK commenting Sackers is a "go-to firm in this area of law" with a "wonderful client list".
How we can help
When disputes arise, we put the needs and objectives of our clients first. We believe in the importance of actually knowing our clients as people, and take pride in working seamlessly with our non-contentious colleagues to resolve disputes that arise. We value the long-term relationships that evolve in the world of pension schemes, founded on trust and mutual commitment to the cause.
- Hearn v Dobson - interpretation of Scheme Funding Regulations
- Sea Containers - first Financial Support direction issued by the Regulator
- CCTL v HM Revenue & Customs - trustees' liability to VAT on advisers' fees
- Capital Cranfield v Pinsent Curtis - trustees' powers to raise contribution demand and professional negligence
- Telent - Regulator appoints independent trustees in light of Pension Corporation's takeover of Telent
- Gallaher / Drake Insurance - two recent successful rectification cases
- Blakemore - successful appeal from Ombudsman regarding estoppel
- Strouthos v LRT - successfully resisted appeal from Ombudsman following ill health pension refusal
We provide specialist training on the management of disputes as we appreciate that early intervention can help to avoid disputes. We would be happy to discuss your training requirements and design an appropriate tailored programme.
Back to the top