Vicky is a banking and finance specialist with over 10 years’ experience. She has worked on a wide range of complex financing structures and has extensive knowledge of guarantees and security arrangements including:
- bank guarantees;
- company guarantees; and
- security over bank accounts, shares, real estate, receivables and limited partnership interests
Vicky advises Sackers’ clients when they are considering novel funding and security structures, including managing the relationship with external specialists where required. Vicky is also a member of Sackers' Financial Sector Team, which considers and advises Sackers' clients on the impact of financial sector legislation and regulation on pension schemes.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Full Member)
Qualified: 2001, England and Wales
Pensions experience: 2011
Joined Sackers: 2011
Employers: Hogan Lovells International LLP (1999-2011)
Manchester University (1993-1996)
Legal Practice Couse (1997-1998)
Degree: LLB Law (Hons)
Diploma in Legal Practice
“Vicky's work product was first class, providing excellent advice and delivering top notch legal documentation in a timely fashion. Vicky is an excellent and very commercially minded lawyer." Stuart Hastie, former associate director at Lloyds Banking Group; recommendation on Linkedin
- Advising pension scheme trustees and employers on PPF-form contingent assets.
- Acting for the trustees of a FTSE 100 company pension scheme in relation to an escrow arrangement used as an alternative funding solution to limit the risk of trapped surplus in the scheme.
- Advising in relation to an escrow arrangement of c.£250 million put in place to secure the scheme's journey to buyout.
- Advising the trustees of a major bank pension scheme on the implications of the Final Report of the Independent Commission on Banking (the Vickers' Report) and the Banking Reform White Paper.
- Advising, in conjunction with external specialists, on a complex real estate asset backed contribution structure with a nominal value in excess of £100 million.
Extracurricular interests and activities:
Running, swimming, singing badly on karaoke.
Back to the top | Back to Listing