Coronavirus – prioritisation is key
Trustees and employers of occupational pension schemes are subject to a wide range of legal and regulatory requirements. During the coronavirus crisis, only rigorous prioritisation will help you to remain compliant.
Top priority activities include:
- continuation of pensioner payroll
- considering and paying serious ill-health lump sums
- issuing retirement wake-up packs and putting new pensions into payment
- responding to notifications of pensioner deaths and putting survivor benefits in place
- considering and paying death in service benefits.
For further information and advice on how to keep the scheme running effectively please speak to your usual Sackers contact.