- Corporate activity
- Automatic enrolment
- DB schemes
- DC schemes
- Finance & investment
- International pensions
- Pension Protection Fund
- Pension de-risking
- Pensions & investment litigation
- Public sector pensions
- State pension changes
- Scheme funding
- Scheme governance
- The Pensions Regulator
We act for both trustees and sponsors of a wide range of DB schemes, including final salary, CARE schemes and cash balance schemes.
How we can help
- Advising on scheme funding and management of the valuation process
- Input on investment matters, including negotiating investment related documentation and advising trustees on compliance issues
- Our expertise in good scheme governance can help trustees and sponsors to ensure they have rigorous processes in place to deliver sound, transparent decision making
- Sackers advises all parties in pension disputes affecting DB schemes
- Advising on legal matters which may affect the operation of pension schemes such as tax and discrimination
- Preparing and keeping up to date all types of pension scheme documentation – from trust deed and rules and scheme handbooks to member communications meeting disclosure requirements
- Advising clients on making changes to benefit provisions in response to changing economic circumstances or following corporate activity and the best way in which to document these changes.
- We act for more of the top 100 schemes by value than any other law firm, over a wide variety of business sectors, including the scheme trustees of the DHL, National Grid and Lloyds Bank pension plans, as well as corporate clients
- Advice to the trustee of the Siemens Benefit Scheme on an asset-backed funding structure involving cross-border intra-group loan obligations with a nominal value in excess of £300 million
- Advice to the Lloyds TSB pension scheme on disposal of securitised assets
- Advice to Royal Mail trustees in relation to transfer of assets to Government.
See Who we advise for more information about our clients.
For more information