- Corporate activity
- Automatic enrolment
- DB schemes
- DC schemes
- Finance & investment
- International pensions
- Pension Protection Fund
- Pension de-risking
- Pensions & investment litigation
- Public sector pensions
- State pension changes
- Scheme funding
- Scheme governance
- The Pensions Regulator
Public sector pensions
With the increasing focus on compliance and governance issues within the public sector, pensions have become a highly complex area.
We advise local authorities, including the Local Government Pension Scheme, government departments and other public sector organisations on how to meet the legal and compliance issues they face. Our lawyers draw on the experience they have gained advising private sector DB schemes to help public sector organisations. This means that our clients benefit from advisers who understand the issues faced by both sides in outsourcing and other projects.
How we can help
- Establishing passport schemes for private sector employers
- Advice on the obligations and implications of pensions outsourcing for employers
- Entry and exit terms for local government pension schemes, including Fair Deal transfers
- Issues relating to bonds on joining the LGPS
- Investment issues for local government schemes including buy-ins and buy-outs and setting up common investment funds.
- Advising the Ministry of Justice on the pensions aspects of a series of large scale technology outsourcing procurements involving transfers from the PCSPS
- Advising Xerox in relation to changes to its NHSPS sections and the issue of a new GAD passport
- Advising Guildford and Woking Borough Council on the outsourcing of its leisure management operations and the associated Fair Deal transfers
- Ongoing advice to numerous admitted bodies to the LGPS on their bonds, admission agreements, and auto-enrolment obligations
- Advice to LGPS funds in relation to the government’s proposed governance changes to public sector schemes.
For more information