- Corporate activity
- Automatic enrolment
- DB schemes
- DC schemes
- Finance & investment
- International pensions
- Pension Protection Fund
- Pension de-risking
- Pensions & investment litigation
- Public sector pensions
- State pension changes
- Scheme funding
- Scheme governance
- The Pensions Regulator
Sackers’ scheme governance experts help establish and improve scheme governance frameworks.
We understand the law that underpins governance, which means we can find governance solutions that address legal issues and work for your scheme.
More than ever, trustees need to ensure their scheme governance measures are not merely there to tick boxes but provide a meaningful process to encourage sound, transparent decision making and to manage risk effectively. External scrutiny creates added impetus, with TPR being increasingly focused on the promotion of good governance through its 21st Century Trusteeship initiative.
We now offer a Governance Health Check to confirm whether effective governance measures are in place.
How we can help
- Ensuring the efficient running of boards through business planning, effective use of sub-committees and delegation
- Reviewing existing governance arrangements to ensure that they remain suitable for current needs and circumstances
- Tailoring governance solutions for conflicts of interest, data protection and other key operational areas to suit scheme needs
- Preparing and advising on risk registers and policy documents relating to anti-bribery, whistleblowing and other aspects of compliance.
- Drafting and advising on the preparation of DC Chair’s annual governance statements
- Reviewing trustee skills and effectiveness, assisting with identifying skills gaps, providing training and input on MNT selection, including sitting on panels
- Advising on the governance aspects of combined trustee boards and updating arrangements to reflect the board’s role as trustee to multiple schemes
- Updating scheme governance as circumstances change and to reflect closure to accrual, investment de-risking, scheme mergers and bulk transfers
- Day-to-day queries relating to governance where we provide practical answers designed to support the running of the scheme.
For more information