The investment challenges facing trustees and managers of DC schemes have never been greater. As risk increasingly moves from the employer to the individual, it is more important than ever to receive clear advice on the relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
Our work focuses on investment fund reviews and in particular the selection of the default investment strategy, negotiating platform agreements, advising on asset security, and advising on decumulation tools. We work with trustees to highlight and advise on the latest issues on their agendas, including proposed changes to Investment Regulations and ESG.
We also advise trustees and employers on the investment aspects of winding up their DC arrangements, including how to manage the transfer so that risks are minimised and members’ interests are protected.
- Advising various trustee clients on mapping across to new funds and related member communications
- Negotiating platform agreements for trustee clients
- Advising on asset security issues associated with DC platform providers and AVC policies
- Advising on changes to a scheme default investment strategy in the light of the retirement flexibilities and charge cap
- Advising employers on their obligations in relation to the retirement flexibilities and default funds
- Advising providers on the legal issues arising from changing policy holders’ default investment strategies.