Pauline has many years’ experience of a range of pension law issues. She advises trustees and employers on merging schemes and the complex funding and power issues which can arise. She is involved in managing and working on the rationalisation of several clients’ pension arrangements and documenting changes post-merger.
Pauline is a member of Sackers’ Tax and Pensions Reform teams.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Chairman – 2010/11);
Association of Pension Lawyers (Full Member);
Society of Pension Consultants (Former Member of Legislation Committee)
Qualified: 1986, England & Wales
Pensions experience since: 1986
Joined Sackers: 1984
Joined partnership/LLP: 1990
University of Leeds (1980-1983)
Degree: LLB (Hons)
- Pauline Sibbit is praised for being “a practical and pragmatic lawyer.” She advises a large range of clients on pensions issues arising from scheme mergers, funding issues and document rationalisation – Chambers UK 2019
- Pauline Sibbit is described as “a very pragmatic solicitor who gets to the nub of the issue and is very easy to work with” – Chambers UK 2018
- Pauline Sibbit is held in high esteem for her expertise in a wide range of pensions matters. She is known for advising employers and trustees of high-profile schemes on complex mergers and funding issues – Chambers UK 2017
- Pauline Sibbit is recommended by interviewees for her “excellent general pensions knowledge,” with sources identifying her expertise on benefits issues as a particular strength – Chambers UK 2016
- Pauline Sibbit “has excellent in-depth knowledge,” according to one market observer. Her practice focuses on issues arising from scheme mergers, as well as the full spectrum of funding matters – Chambers UK 2015
- Named as a leading individual – Legal 500 2013
Extracurricular interests and activities:
I enjoy skiing and running.