Beth advises trustees and employers on a wide range of pensions matters for both DB and DC schemes. She works with clients across a number of industries and sectors and her pension practice encompasses advisory work, drafting pension scheme documentation and handling discrete projects.
Beth’s recent experience includes:
- Training trustee boards on regulation and compliance
- Advising on a number of liability management exercises such as PIEs and ETVs
- Advising on the closure of final salary pension schemes to future accrual
- Assisting with benefit rectification exercises, including changes resulting from GMP reconciliation and GMP equalisation
- Advising on the interpretation of and changes to scheme rules, including consolidating rule amendments
- Advising on the operation of section 75 and ways to manage debts (including drafting flexible apportionment arrangements)
- Reviewing DC SIPs and Chair Statements
- Advising on transfers to DC master trusts.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Associate Member)
Qualified: 2017, England and Wales
Pensions experience since: 2016
Joined Sackers: 2022
Employers: Norton Rose Fulbright LLP (2020-2022)
Gowling WLG (UK) LLP (2015-2019)
Warwick University (2010- 2014)
University of Law (2014-2015)
Legal Practice Course
I love live music, going to the theatre and trying different restaurants/cuisines. I also enjoy travelling, swimming and cooking.