Tel: § +44 20 7615 9502
As head of the firm’s Know-how team, Claire’s role is to ensure that our lawyers and clients are kept up to speed with pensions developments as they happen. Her pensions expertise therefore covers a broad spectrum including trustee responsibilities, pensions implications of corporate activity, general legislative and compliance requirements, tax, automatic enrolment and case law.
Claire is in charge of our extensive internal training programme for lawyers and spearheads Sackers “knowledge” our added value programme of alerts, briefings and seminars. She regularly presents at client seminars, including our popular Quarterly Legal Update.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Full Member)
Membership of industry working parties:
Chair of APL (2021 – )
APL Main Committee – elected member (2011-2015 and 2019 – )
Society of Pension Professionals Council Member (2009-2020)
APL Legislative & Parliamentary sub-Committee (2006-2011)
APL Education & Seminars sub-Committee (2000-2006)
Former editor of the APL’s journal, Pension Lawyer (2003-2005)
Qualified: 1993, England & Wales
Pensions experience since: 1994
Joined Sackers: 2002
Joined partnership/LLP: 2004
Employers: Baker & McKenzie LLP (1991-2002)
University of Leicester (1986-1989)
College of Law, York (1989-1990)
Degree: LLB (Hons)
Law Society Finals
- SPP Cross-Disciplinary Panel Discussion April 2020 – COVID-19 industry reflections
- WTW annual pensions conference October 2019 – Panel discussion on GMP equalisation
- Aon GMP equalisation webinar – November 2018
- Employee Benefits Live 2013 – Automatic enrolment surgery
- CIPD Employment Law Conference 2012 – “Practical Implementation of Pensions Auto-enrolment”
- LexisNexis Butterworths Pension Law Update 2012 – “Auto-enrolment: considerations for employers and trustees”
Extracurricular interests and activities:
Most of my free time is spent working as a taxi service for my children. During wet weekends in winter you can generally find me shivering on a touchline (rugby, football, or hockey) somewhere in Surrey.
I am an ardent Liverpool fan, whose dream of a first Premiership title has finally come to fruition.