As head of the firm’s Know-how team, Claire’s role is to ensure that our lawyers and clients are kept up to speed with pensions developments as they happen. Her pensions expertise therefore covers a broad spectrum including trustee responsibilities, pensions implications of corporate activity, general legislative and compliance requirements, tax, automatic enrolment and case law.
Claire is in charge of our extensive internal training programme for lawyers and spearheads Sackers “knowledge” our added value programme of alerts, briefings and seminars. She regularly presents at client seminars, including our popular Quarterly Legal Update.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Full Member)
Membership of industry working parties:
APL Main Committee – elected member (since 2011)
Society of Pension Professionals Council Member (since 2009)
APL Legislative & Parliamentary sub-Committee (2006-2011)
APL Education & Seminars sub-Committee (2000-2006)
Former editor of the APL’s journal, Pension Lawyer (2003-2005)
Qualified: 1993, England & Wales
Pensions experience since: 1994
Joined Sackers: 2002
Joined partnership/LLP: 2004
Employers: Baker & McKenzie LLP (1991-2002)
University of Leicester (1986-1989)
College of Law, York (1989-1990)
Degree: LLB (Hons)
Law Society Finals
- Employee Benefits Live 2013 – Automatic enrolment surgery
- CIPD Employment Law Conference 2012 – “Practical Implementation of Pensions Auto-enrolment”
- LexisNexis Butterworths Pension Law Update 2012 – “Auto-enrolment: considerations for employers and trustees”
- NAPF Annual Conference 2011 – “Wake up to 2012”
- PMI Trustee Seminar 2011 – “Whose pension increase is it anyway?”
- NAPF North London Group Annual Workshop 2011 – “What’s in the pipeline?”
- NAPF South London Group Seminar 2011 – “The Future of Pensions Law“
- Actuarial Profession Seminar 2010 – “Current Issues in Pensions”
- APL Annual Conference 2009 – “Back to the Deregulatory future”.
Extracurricular interests and activities:
Most of my free time is spent working as a taxi service for my children. During wet weekends in winter you can generally find me shivering on a touchline (rugby, football, hockey or netball) somewhere in Surrey.
I am an ardent Liverpool fan, who still lives in hope of a Premiership title.