Emily WhitelockSenior Associate
Emily advises both trustees and employers on a wide range of pensions matters affecting their DB and DC pension arrangements. This includes negotiating scheme documentation, handling benefit queries and member complaints and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Emily has a particular interest in trustee governance issues and also regularly advises on liability management exercises and bulk transfers.
Emily’s recent experience includes:
- Completing a secondment to a trustee client to provide legal, strategic and commercial assistance across a range of scheme-related issues and actions
- Advising on the implementation of new governance policies and frameworks and trustee compliance with regulatory requirements
- Liability management exercises, including buy-ins, buy-outs, and bulk transfers to DB superfunds and DC master trusts
- Negotiating service provider contracts, including data protection elements of commercial agreements
- Advising on section 75 debt issues in relation to employer / corporate changes
- Providing trustee training on the latest legal developments.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Associate Member)
Pension and Lifetime Savings Association (Central London Group member)
Qualified: 2015, England and Wales
Pensions experience since: 2015
Joined Sackers: 2018
Employers: Squire Patton Boggs (UK) LLP (2013-2018)
Cambridge University, Sidney Sussex College (2006-2010)
College of Law, York (2010-2011)
BPP Law School, London (2012-2013)
Modern and Medieval Languages (French and German)
Graduate Diploma in Law
Fast-track Legal Practice Course
An enthusiastic gym-goer, I also enjoy being in the countryside, cooking/baking (and eating the results!) and exploring new places.