I have a wide range of experience advising trustees and employers on all kinds of pensions related matters, with an emphasis on investment issues. I have a particular interest in risk transfer transactions and have worked on them extensively, including, most recently, for EDS (£1.1bn) and United Utilities (£1.8bn).
- buy-ins and buy-outs
- scheme funding and covenant support issues
- advising on the use of surplus (employer and trustee)
- advising on LDI documentation encompassing both segregated IMAs and bespoke pooled fund structures
- reviewing and negotiating fiduciary management/implemented consulting agreements with the key players in those markets
- undertaking due diligence on a wide range of pooled funds including hedge funds, private equity and credit.
Qualified: 1999, England and Wales
Joined Sackers: 1999
Became partner: 2007