Opportunities in business services
Our business services staff play a key role in the success of the firm. We employ about 45 staff who assist the fee earners in providing an excellent service to our clients. Business service roles include legal secretaries, BD, HR, Finance, IT, general office, reception/switchboard and catering.
The business services teams in the different business areas are small and people tend to have varied generalist roles, rather than having a narrow specialism. This makes for variety and interest in your day to day job.
At a firm of our size you can see how your contribution makes a difference and adds value. There is the opportunity to get involved with a range of work and activities.
What do we look for in our business services staff?
Specific skills and experience required for a particular job will be indicated on the job description. In general we look for people who are friendly and courteous. We want people who take a pride in delivering work to a high standard, who will develop good relationships both internally and externally and who take the initiative as appropriate.
We have a competitive benefits package:
- salaries comparable to top City firms
- 25 days holiday per annum
- discretionary Christmas bonus payments
- private medical insurance
- pension arrangements (6% matching employer contributions)
- life assurance of 4 x salary
- worldwide travel insurance
- interest free season ticket loans
- group income protection
- subsidised gym membership
- Employee Assistance Programme.
You will also have
- A good work life balance. There is no long hours culture, although occasionally (depending on the area that you work in) you may be asked to work outside core working hours in order to meet urgent client or other business needs as in any City law firm
- A social committee organises a range of social events for all staff throughout the year. These include drinks, bowling, curry nights, cinema and theatre trips, summer and Christmas parties, wine tasting and sporting events
- The opportunity to get involved with a range of CSR activities that the firm supports or sponsors.
Our recruitment process
If you are interested in applying for a position at Sackers, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the role in which you are interested.
Our selection process generally involves two interviews covering not only your reasons for wishing to join Sackers but also your knowledge, skills and experience in your chosen field. Further information about our selection process will be available if you are invited for interview.