Edward has built a strong specialist expertise and knowledge base in all aspects of pensions work. He has extensive experience of advising trustee boards and companies on a wide range of pension issues.
He is Chief Executive of the partnership’s independent trustee company (ITL), which gives him a particular insight into the issues faced by pension scheme trustees.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Full member and formerly an elected member of the Main Committee)
Qualified: 1989, England & Wales
Pensions experience since: 1989
Joined Sackers: 1996
Joined partnership/LLP: 1996
Employers: Nicholson Graham & Jones (1987-1996)
University of Oxford (1983-1986)
Degree: MA in Law
- Edward Hayes advises both companies and trustees on the full range of pensions matters. Clients say: “He is very friendly and approachable and he explains things very well” – Chambers UK 2019
- Edward Hayes is “very efficient and personable” and that “he always provides advice which is clear and to the point” – Chambers UK 2018
- Edward Hayes impresses with his “sound judgement” and ability to “explain his views well.” He advises both trustee boards and companies on the full spectrum of pensions issues – Chambers UK 2017
- Ranked lawyer in Legal 500 2016
- Edward Hayes advises trustees and employers on the full range of pensions law matters. He acts for a number of high-profile clients, and is described by interviewees as “pragmatic” and “good to work with.” – Chambers UK 2016
- Edward Hayes, who is a “great partner and great advert for the entire firm” – ranked lawyer Legal 500 2015
- Edward Hayes “He is very clear, considered, and knows what he is talking about,” according to market sources – Chambers UK 2015
- Edward is “knowledgeable, calm and good in meetings,” – Chambers UK 2014
- Recommended – Legal 500 2012 and 2011
- Edward offers “clear advice” and is “prepared to get off the fence.” He has two decades’ experience in advising the trustees of major blue-chips – Chambers UK 2012
Extracurricular interests and activities:
Theatre, football, just pottering about.