I support trustees and employers of both DB and DC schemes in relation to a wide variety of day-to-day pensions issues, such as new legal developments, member queries, transfer requests, AVC consolidation and interpretation of scheme rules, and also in relation to project work, such as end-game planning, benefit changes and GMP equalisation. I regularly attend trustee meetings and provide training on a wide range of topics.
I also have experience advising in relation to the set-up of a new DC occupational pension scheme, advising DC master trusts in relation to authorisation and ongoing supervision, and advising a private equity firm in relation to DB superfunds.
- working on a number of buy-in and buy-out projects, including working with a client to efficiently utilise scheme surplus post buy-out and advising in relation to the legal issues arising
- advising on a number of complex GMP equalisation and GMP conversion projects
- advising on scheme benefit changes and drafting the necessary rule amendments
- advising both transferring and receiving trustees on scheme mergers
- advising on section 75 debt issues in relation to employer / corporate changes
- advising on DC decumulation options and working with trustees to implement retirement “bolt on” arrangements with DC master trusts
- advising in relation to complex equalisation issues and assisting with the associated member communications and rule changes
- advising on liability management exercises such as PIEs and ETVs
- advising on pensions tax issues, including in relation to the recent developments in this area
- negotiating various agreements and contracts with third party providers and advising on the transition of third party administrators.
Qualified: 2010, England and Wales
Joined Sackers: 2012