Sonya FraserAssociate director
Sonya advises trustees and employers on a wide range of defined benefit and defined contribution issues including, the interpretation of scheme rules, member booklet reviews, pensions liberation, compliance with legislative requirements and handling member queries.
Sonya’s recent experience includes:
- advising both transferring and receiving trustees on scheme mergers
- trust deed and rule rewrites for a number of schemes, including drafting new CARE sections
- advising on section 75 debt issues in relation to employer / corporate changes
- advising in relation to complex equalisation issues and assisting with the associated member communications and rule changes
- negotiating agreements with third party providers.
Sonya is also a member of the firm’s employment unit, a team of lawyers focusing on employment law issues as they relate to pensions.
Memberships and Qualifications
Membership of professional bodies:
Association of Pension Lawyers (Full Member)
Qualified: 2010, England and Wales
Pensions experience: 2010
Joined Sackers: 2012
Employers: Allen & Overy LLP (2008-2012)
University of Nottingham (2003-2006)
College of Law (2006-2008)
English and Philosophy BA
GDL and LPC (LLB)
Extracurricular interests and activities:
In my spare time I enjoy yoga and wildlife photography.