ESG and climate change for pension funds
Environmental, Social and corporate Governance (ESG) factors in pension scheme investing continue to dominate headlines and trustee duties. Our new guide for 2020, ESG and climate change for pension funds, considers how trustees should respond to the latest regulatory requirements. These include the deadlines for the second round of SIP updates following SRD II, as well as the new requirement for trustees of both DB and DC schemes to publish annual “implementation statements” setting out how trustee ESG and stewardship policies have been followed during the year.
Our guide also looks at:
- where pension trustees’ fiduciary duties fit in
- how to integrate climate-related risks into trustee decision making
- stewardship in light of updates to the FRC’s Stewardship Code
- ESG issues in DC schemes, including master trusts and IGCs
- an action plan for trustees
Download the 2020 guide.