Pensions are still the most tax efficient way for employees to save for retirement, yet understanding the precise taxation implications of arrangements is a daunting task.
We help employers and trustees provide smarter and more tax efficient pension benefits for better member outcomes.
We advise on the provision of tax efficient benefits, despite the continuing reduction in the annual allowance and lifetime allowance, as well as ensuring that existing tax protections are maintained. Clients also look to us to help categorise benefits as authorised or unauthorised payments under the Finance Act 2004, advise on tax arrangements for certain investment vehicles, such as special purpose vehicles, and assist with transfers to overseas pension schemes and QROPS issues.
- Advising on the application of tax allowances to high earners
- Helping employers devise alternative savings options for individuals affected by the tapered annual allowance
- Advising employers on how best to provide benefits in excess of the lifetime allowance
- Establishing and operating salary sacrifice arrangements
- Advising on the implications of the new retirement flexibilities
- Advising on the impact of Lifetime ISAs and other workplace savings products
- Responding to consultations on proposed tax changes.