Trustee training: pensions for new trustees
Thursday 29 October 2020
Our interactive workshop is aimed at new trustees of DB, DC and hybrid schemes, as well as those who would like to refresh their knowledge.
Our experienced lawyers deliver three modules over one day. The first session is suitable for all new trustees and will cover:
- a brief summary of TKU requirements
- trust and pensions law basics
- discretions case study – death benefits
- tax overview
- working with The Pensions Regulator (TPR)
- dealing with disputes, avoiding common pitfalls.
The second module, specific to DB schemes includes the topics: scheme funding, covenant, investment and the scheme ‘end-game’.
The last session is covers topics relevant to DC schemes such as: legal and regulatory framework, investment, retirement choices and member communications.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences with other trustees.