Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sackers is committed to providing a working environment which values equality, diversity and inclusion.
We select and promote people on the basis of merit regardless of gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, ethnic or national origins, race, religion or belief. We seek to create an environment where everyone feels included and that their talents and contributions are valued. This not only enables people to achieve their full potential but also helps us provide the best service to our diverse client base.
What this means
- We have a good balance of men and women at Sackers with people from different age groups, religions, national or racial origins, sexual orientation and backgrounds.
- There is an emphasis on enabling staff to have a good work life balance.
- Many of our employees are working parents or have other caring responsibilities. The firm has a number of family friendly policies in place. These include enhancements to maternity, paternity and shared parental leave/pay provisions, salary sacrifice arrangements for child care vouchers, flexible working arrangements, business coaching for lawyers returning from maternity leave and an internal maternity mentoring programme.
- A number of our staff work flexible hours to enable them to observe different faiths.
- We support employees with disabilities/medical conditions making appropriate adjustments to support them in their roles.
- We support a range of CSR activities including participation in initiatives such as the Tower Hamlets Head to Head Interview Programme which enables members of the firm to engage with students from less advantaged backgrounds and help them with their careers.
- We have a friendly and open collegiate culture. People at all levels of the firm are approachable. People are respectful towards colleagues and we put considerable effort into ensuring that the working environment is pleasant for everyone.
- There is a respect for individuals and difference. We want people to feel that they can be themselves at work.
We have an equality, diversity and inclusion plan that seeks to ensure our policies and practices in this area are kept under review so that we continue to improve our employment offering.