Trustee training: pensions for new trustees
Tuesday 9 October 2018
Our free and interactive seminar is aimed at new trustees of DB, DC and hybrid schemes (as well as those who would like to refresh their knowledge).
The first session is suitable for all new trustees and will cover:
- brief summary of TKU requirements
- trust and pensions law basics
- discretions case study – death benefits
- tax overview
- working with The Pensions Regulator (TPR)
- dealing with disputes, avoiding common pitfalls.
The DB session will cover topics specifically relevant to DB schemes including:
- scheme funding and investment
- PPF/scheme “end-game”.
The DC session will cover topics specifically relevant to DC schemes including:
- the changing legal and regulatory environment
- TPR’s DC Code and guidance
- retirement choices and member communications.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences with other trustees.
to attend this seminar
9.00am Welcome, registration and breakfast
9.30am General and DB session (there will be a mid-morning coffee break)
1.30pm DC session
3.30pm Finish with refreshments and further discussion
Sackers' Client Centre
6th Floor, 20 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7JE